Saturday, May 19, 2012

Summer is Coming!

I love summertime!  The weather we've had the last couple of days has been just great, and I hope it's just a sample of things to come.  There seems like there is so much to do in the summer, maybe because it is so short around here.  I try to cram as much in as I possibly can.

Summer has always been vacation time for us, what with the Misses teaching and what not.  We had some wonderful and memorable trips over the years, and I wouldn't trade them for anything--think I'll save details for a later blog.  With the kids working and taking classes and doing all else they do, I doubt if we'll get away anywhere this year so I'm starting to plan what else I like to do in summer.  So....

...there is going to be outdoor dining this summer.  There aren't many places that I really like to go and eat, and I know the smokers are out there, but I am going to eat outside anyhow.  As long as the bugs aren't too bad.

...I'm going to the auto races.  Used to go all the time with Dad, when I worked at the Fair Park, and with some pals.  Haven't been in years.  I am going this year, already have the date picked out (June12).  Going with a couple of friends.  I'm gonna' have a good time. 

...I'm going to a few ballgames.  Brewers, yeah probably---but definitely high school and little league.  Kids play because they want to.  They have fun.  It's fun to watch.  And it's a lot cheaper too.

...there will be a trip to Milwaukee County Zoo.  If I have to go by myself, I'm going.  It has been too long, and it is a wonderful zoo.  And I have great memories of the place.

...there is going to be music, and lots of it!  I am off the entire run of Summerfest.  I am going.  Stop and see me and I'll buy you a beer! Check the Miller area, I have friends there, they may know where I'm at.  I am going to State Fair---will be there Aug 4 for sure, probably the 3rd as well.  Stop and see me, I'll buy you a beer.  Check the Benno's tent, your odds will be better.  There are so many other music venues around here with all the festivals and what not---keep your eyes open, you see me, I'll buy you a beer!

....there will be beer.

There are some other things I want to do as well.  I know I'll be at the Hervey's for the 4th of July.  I'll probably get up to Oshkosh for a couple of events.  The county fairs are always a good time, and I'd like to get out and get a hike or two in---guess we'll see.  There are a few graduation parties to hit, and I think there is a wedding in there as well.    And of course there is always Chuckapalooza at the end of summer, I'm sure we'll have something going on for that.  Sounds like a busy summer season, but that's how I like it.  It is too short to just let it slip away.

No comments:

Post a Comment