Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summerfest Day 6

Summerfest day 6 turns out to be the hottest day of the year.  Heat advisories and the like all over the place.  The Misses and I decide that it is too hot to head to the Fest in the afternoon, so we change plans and instead head to the Brewers/Marlins games.  Hotter than Hades in the stands, attendance is kind of sparse, I was actually wondering what I was doing there.  It was really a pretty entertaining game.  Lots of offense, just enough pitching, felt so confident after the 7th (Crew up 11-5) that we left to get out of the heat and get a bite to eat.  Can't believe they had to come back and win in extra innings.  I guess that's just the way things are going to go ths season.

We (I) actually thought about heading over to the Fest grounds, but not even Robert Randolph or the great Joe Walsh could swing me.  I must really be old.  I would have actually liked to have gone, but the heat and the thought 500,000 people watching fireworks and making it difficult for me to get myself home at a decent hour persuaded me to just skip it.   Decided it was best to just head home and live to Fest another day. 

Tomorrow is the 4th of July, and I almost never go to Summerfest because I am at Super Dave's July 4th party, and that is not going to change this year.  The lineup doesn't really present anything  consider must see--Alice Cooper?...Fountains of Wayne?.....There are big plans for the 5th----a unique experience for myself, something nobody I know has done, so we're going to just hold off until then.  Wishing all you Americans a safe and happy Independence Day, the rest have a good day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment