Friday, July 20, 2012

Aurora, Colorado


I am in a very sour mood.  What kind of a SOB goes into a movie theater and just randomly starts shooting people?  What kind of mind does such a person have?  Then they talk to his mother and she says "You have the right person", and "I need to call the police".  They talk to some guy who met him in a bar and he says he seemed like a smart guy to me.  He seemed normal, never would have thought this from him.  So we have 71  people shot, and 12 of those are dead.  Some are in critical condition.  Now what do we do?

They say the guy (I know his name, refuse to use it) bought all the guns legally in the last few months.  Now I'm as much for the right to own firearms as anyone, but I fail to see the need for a civilian to be using an A 15 assault rifle.  The thing was designed for military use.  Common sense tells me it is a weapon of destruction.  Why are they allowed to be sold at a gun show?  Suppose the gun companies need to make money...  Others will argue that this was a time that if a few of the movie goers were armed they could have "taken down" the shooter.  Well, most people don't go around with body armor and gas masks.  I wonder how many people would have gone down in the crossfire of that scene. 

Do we start having metal detectors  in every pubic place we go?  Armed guards?  Ever thought about the damage some nut could do at a sold out sporting event?  Do we not go out at night anymore?  Do we not go anywhere where there might be a lot of people?  Or do we just continue living our lives and hope such tragedies don't happen to us?  Any input will be greatly appreciated.

My daughter went to the premier of the Batman movie last night with some of her friends.  Other neighbors and friends went and saw it too.  Nothing happened to any of them.  My deepest sympathies to those in Aurora Colorado who are unable to say the same.  God help us all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment