Sunday, June 10, 2012

Odds and Ends


Just a few random things that have been on my mind.....

What is the deal with people crossing against the lights? For awhile I thought it was just the younger people, but looking closer it seems to be everyone.  How long is the light, a minute, two?  Relax people, drivers will stop blowing the horn and flipping you off.  Everyone will feel better.

People don't seem to talk much anymore.  They will text each other---I've seen people text each other across a room.  Walking down the street everyone either seems to be on a phone or have ear buds stuck in their heads.  Try talking to someone and they look at you strange.  Seems kind of odd.

I don't like it when girls/women swear.  Seems like they are degrading themselves.  There is too much swearing all around now.  Nobody seems to care anymore, it's like it has become a part of everyday language.  I am also guilty.  I will work at curbing this nasty habit, but I will try to not let it bother me if others don't.

Recently I have been noticing quite a few famous people (athletes, singers, movie stars) that I am familiar with have been dying.  Not from accidents, or substance abuse or anything like that, just getting old.  I used to look at guys like Elvis or Belushi and think about all the stuff and fame they had but that I had lived longer than they had.  You know, they may have had things, but I'm still around.  Think I like being around better.   Plan on squeezing as much in as I can.

Have seen a number of of my friends change their status' in the last few week, probably for various reasons.  I hope that everyone is able to find what they want, but remember to be careful what you wish for, you just may get it.

Well the kids have been home for a month now and I can report no major problems.  I have noticed a few things though.  There must be a shortage of milk and orange juice in college, because they go through it like water.  We never seem to have any food around here anymore either.   I imagine the water bill will be back up because 20 minute showers seem to be the norm.  The trash collector must've see his collections increase because of all the kids back in the neighborhood.  As far as chores around the house, they will do whatever you ask them to do, you just need to give them some direction.  And they are more like adults--you can have real conversations.  They know things and will share it with you (if you ask).  They have opinions and stuff.  They aren't kids anymore I guess.

Summer is about ready to kick into full gear.  Festivals are starting, the weather has been great, hope it holds.  Hope that everyone has a safe time, I don't care to hear about injuries or accidents.  Looking forward to a lot of friend and family time over the next few months, hope everyone else is as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment