Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Moods

I went to the doctor today.  Just wanted a simple yes or no on this running thing I've gotten myself into.  They can't just check the heart and say okay.  We check the blood pressure as well.  Then the lungs.  Then all the other questions come out.  He scolds me for not showing up more often.  I reply I don't come in more because he always finds something wrong with me.  He asks me how I feel, how I breath, how my joints are, among other things.  I tell him everything is good, I feel as well as I have in years.  He says this can't be so.  I need a CAT scan on my kidney.  I need to have my colon checked because I am old.  My blood pressure is too high.  My pulse rate is too LOW?  I'm confused---all I wanted to do was make sure I wouldn't keel over jogging a little bit.  He has blood drawn and schedules more appointments.  We'll see if they are kept.  I leave in a not so good mood.

Then I take the car in for a simple oil change and tire rotation.  There is nothing simple about it.  They are doing a FREE seventeen point inspection and topping off my fluids.  The reason I take it in is to top of my fluids, and to CHANGE THE OIL.  It shouldn't take an hour.  I can still do it myself in less than an hour.  The free inspection reveals worn struts.  The manager of the shop tells me this will ruin my tires.  Heck, e wouldn't even drive around in a car like this.  Only going to cost me $1100 to fix them, and they can do it right now.  And he'll throw in the front end alignment at no charge (that's a $99 value you know!).  I pass--I'm not afraid to drive the car, and I can get probably 3 sets of tires if I need to, so....I leave is a sour mood.

I'm doing the refinance thing with the house again.  Rates are under 3% now, so I figure why not.  It's not like I'm going anywhere soon, and I've done the math, so it works out.  Or so I think.  I fill out the app online on Sunday and everything seems good.  For some reason my password stops working--they tell me to call a certain phone number.  Knowing it's Sunday, I figure no one is there, so I wait until Monday.  When I call, the person I need to talk to is off today.  No problem, I"ll talk to anyone.  Oh, they'll get back to you, they are very busy.  Fine.  I get an e-mail telling me everything is good to go.  So I wait, but only until Wednesday.  Still no call, so I call them.  We are very busy they say.  I say so am I.  We reset the password, the lady says I am good to go.  I thank her, and log in.  Now it says they don't have anything to fit my needs  My needs?   It's a mortgage, I pay on one now and have never missed a payment in 20 some years.  I call the lady back, but she is gone for the day.  At noon?  On a Wednesday?  I tell them I will talk to anyone, but they say they will get back to me.  I hang up, and am now in a bad mood.....

I'm a little apprehensive about doing anything else today because people are really starting to irritate me.  Plans call for a trip to the car lot---how bad can that be?


2 comments:

  1. Chucky... turn on some tunes, crack a cold one, and putter on something outside... you will forget about all their nonsense in no time. May I suggest late 70s early 80 tunes;) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wendy, will get at it.....

    ReplyDelete