Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Spirit

Where is my Christmas spirit?  I have none.  No motivation to get the house decorated.  I just keep thinking that the more stuff I put up the more I have to take down.  I have no interest in any of the Christmas specials on TV.  I think I must have seen them all dozens of times by now.  Even listening to the Christmas music on the radio does nothing for me.  Of course, it doesn't help when they play the same songs over and over and over again.  Heck, we haven't even started with the decorating the house with the snowmen. 

There will be no holiday party with the neighbors this year.  Too much work.  Don't feel like shopping, nobody has said they wanted anything, and I don't care to fight the crowds anymore.  We have the tree bought, but it's just sitting out back, and I'm already worried about cleaning up the needles....

So why am I feeling this way?  No idea.  Maybe it's another year now with the kids not around as much.  Maybe I'm just getting old and don't want the aggravation anymore.  Maybe it's the even greater emphasis on material goods.  Maybe it's because Thanksgiving fell early this year and there was no sense of urgency to get things done.  Or maybe.....

.....we need some damn SNOW!  Yeah I know it's a pain in the butt, but I like snow for Christmas!  We don't need feet, but a couple of inches would be just fine with me.  Think that it would really jump start the ol' Christmas spirit.  Then all I'd have to do is break out that old Muppets Christmas special and I would be all set...can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment