Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

Christmas means so many different things to different people.  From the getting together with family and friends to the baking, from the Christmas cards to the television specials, there are so many things to do and enjoy this time of the year.  Sometimes it seems that there is just so much going on that there isn't time to get it all done.  Everything seem to be more commercialized now more than ever--I guess it is just the chasing of the almighty dollar.

Christmas for us here has obviously changed for us as the kids have grown.  I'll never forget Stew's first Christmas when he fell down the stairs due to his excitement.  Or how the kids always sat at the stop of the stairs until Santa and his elves were ready for them to come down and open their gifts.  And of course I remember helping ol' St. Nick assemble all that stuff....The gifts have changed from toys to athletic equipment to electronics to stuff for college.  There have always been new clothes, probably something with the Packer logo, and usually something for the house.  Somebody usually gets something that makes us all laugh as well.

As I get older, I find myself reflecting on things more this time of year.  Those of you that know me know that I am not that religious, but as I look around I find myself thinking that all this stuff hasn't just happened.  I find myself thinking about friends and relatives who have passed away.  I find myself thinking about what the future holds, not just for myself, but for my kids and their kids to be.  I worry some, but also find some measure of peacefulness. 

So I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and the happiest of New Years.  I hope you all enjoy being with friends and family if that is what you choose to do.  I hope you all have a safe holiday season, and are able to enjoy the spirit of the season all year long.  And I hope for my Christmas wish  comes true, that we all can learn to get along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment