Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Day After....

Just a few thoughts the day after the 2012 presidential election---

First of all, I'm glad it's over.  I thought it was a very negative campaign on both sides.  Lots of talking points, but you really had to did to get to the meat on the issues.  I wish the candidates would have gone more in depth on their ideas.  Guess I can dream....

Exit polls say that women, Blacks, Hispanics, college aged men tended to vote for President Obama.  White males tended to vote for Romney.  Problem for the Republicans is that white males are shrinking as a percentage of the voters.  The demographics are changing.....

The spin is out there.  If this or that, .2% vote different or whatever.  That's Monday morning quarterbacking.  You can spin numbers anyway you'd like.  And you could do it for most past elections as well.  Time to face reality and move on.

Democrats may think they have some sort of mandate, but I don't think so.  What I really see is that we are living in a very divided country.  I think that Congress and the President had better start working together and get some compromising  going so we can get the country moving again.  I'm looking for a hero.  Maybe a new guy like this Angus guy from Maine.  Maybe one of these new women Senators.  Maybe somebody in the House who doesn't care about getting reelected.  Maybe the President.  Somebody needs to have the guts to put themselves on the line, take the lead and get a coalition together and get something done.  Hold folks accountable.  Make them explain why they are voting one way or the other.  Be open and honest with the American people.  Who knows, might just lead to the Presidency. 

Couple of fun and interesting facts I learned over the past couple of days....

Linda McMahann drops $100 Million of her own cash on two losing runs for the Senate.  Guess we'll see a couple of extra WWE events coming up.

It's been 84 years since the Republicans have won the Presidency without a Nixon or Bush on the ticket. 

Can't comprehend the money spent on these elections---is there a better way?

I think Karl Rove is a tool.

Well that's it for now.  I am (sadly) sure that both parties are already planning for the next election.  I am sure they are going over the exit polls and trying to figure out how to win the next election.  I want to wish all the Senators and Congressmen and the President the best of luck.  They will need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment