Saturday, November 24, 2012

Just Sayin'...


Today is small business Saturday.  They want us to go out and shop at the small businesses in our towns and eat at the local restaurants.  Heck, they even had Michael Bloomberg, the mayor of New York (and the richest guy in the state of New York) promoting this idea.  I suppose this is a good idea.   But maybe they should have thought of it before the Walmarts and McDonalds and Home Depots of the world took over.  Just sayin'.......

I'm wondering when people are goin to take down the election signs from their yards.  It doesn't seem to be one party over the other, but both sides.  Are people just lazy?  Do they think there is going to be a recount?  Have they had this stuff in their yard so long they just think it's part of the landscape?  Just sayin'...

I really don't see the appeal of the Black Friday sales.  Oh I have been there.  The mad dashes, the must have gifts.  But it is crazy.  People can get hurt. Every year the sales seem to get earlier, who knows, maybe next year they will start before Thanksgiving.   I think I'll just use the computer from here on out and let them bring the stuff to the house.  Just sayin'.

I miss the days before cell phones and Ipods and what not.  People don't seem to spend any time just talking to each other anymore.  You walk down the street and people have their ear buds in, you barely get a nod.  Go out to dinner and you hear beeps and buzzes and what not, and half of conversations.  I realize that times have changed, and I have guilt here as well.  But what is so important?  Just sayin'....

The Powerball jackpot is $325 million.  It is the 4th largest jackpot in the history of the lottery.  If you win the pot by yourself, you can take $213 million lump sum or $11 million a year over 30 years.  That is a large pile of cash.  I have no idea what I would do with it, but I am willing to give it a shot.  Remember, if you do not play, you cannot win.  But also remember, play responsibly.  Just sayin'....

Well, we are entering into the hustle and bustle of the holiday season here now.  Holiday parties and visiting relatives and shopping for gifts and everything else that people do this time of year.  Please remember to travel safe, watch out for the other guy, and don't forget the reason for the season.  Just sayin.....

No comments:

Post a Comment