Thursday, January 31, 2013

TELEVISION

I've been doing some thinking lately about how I never seem to have time to get things done that I need to do or want to do.  I have come to the realization that I am spending way too much time watching television.

Then I start to think about all the garbage I am watching.  Why should I really care about cops and the criminals they are chasing, or watching them in prison, or acting like fools in lockup?  Why should I care about some goofy pawn shop, whether it be in Vegas or Detroit or New York or Chicago?  Why am I watching a bunch of goofs rummage through peoples storage units all over the country?  I think that stuff has to be staged anyways....

And then there are all the "hillbilly" shows I tend to gravitate to.  Guys catching gators, turtles, hand fishin', the list is long.  And the Moonshiners.....do I really care about Tim and Tickle and whether they get caught by the Feds?  And how can they not get caught---just watch the stupid show.....What is it about folks from the south???

I watch sports.  I watch sports I have no interest in.  Games I couldn't care less who wins.  I don't follow much basketball anymore, but football and baseball I watch.  For not much reason that I can think of.  Heck, I watch soccer, even though Stew isn't around anymore.

So I'm going to try and be done with it.  I have too many other things to do.  Books to read, chores to complete.  It's not going to be easy for me.  I find it very easy to just sit down when I get home from work, flip on the TV and the next thing I know 2 or 3 hours are just gone.  Well I have had enough of that.  Now there are a couple of things that I will still be watching....Seventeen or eighteen weeks of Packer football per year will not be missed.  Modern Family is must see for me, and will continue to be.  I do like a few PBS offerings, and they will be recorded.  But I am going to try and limit it to about that.  We will see how it works out. 

Although I would like to see how that Amish Mafia thing works out.....

No comments:

Post a Comment