Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Presidential Election

Figure it is about time to weigh in with my two cents, so let's get started.  First of all, make sure you are REGISTERED!!  This is especially true to my first time voting friends, and to those of you away at school who will not be coming home to vote.  If you forgot to sign up for ABSENTEE voting, you are TOO LATE!!  You now need to get yourself  REGISTERED to vote wherever you are living.  It  isn't that hard, call up the local election commission or check on line.  You CAN do it...

Now on to the candidates.  Please take a little time to find out about the candidates, and their running mate for that matter.  Please DO NOT simply vote the way your parents did, or the way your employer tells you to, or because of the way a person looks or the religion they practice.  I think you need to look at how the ISSUES are going to AFFECT you.  I don't think that either candidate (I'm sticking to the nominees here, don't think and third party folks have a chance--or a voice, sadly) is going to have the perfect answers for you on EVERY subject, so you need to pick the things that are most IMPORTANT to you and go from there.  Things like JOBS, and TAXES, and  EDUCATION, and DEFENSE, and WOMAN'S RIGHTS and any of the other issues that affect you and your family. 

And then you need to get your butt out and VOTE!  You can go stand in the lines on election day, or in many parts of the country you can VOTE EARLY in a place like your local city hall.  People often say we have the RIGHT to vote.  I feel it is more like an OBLIGATION to vote.  If you vote you can talk about he way things are going, if you don't as far as I'm concerned, you CAN"T.  And once the voting is done, one way or another,  I hope we can come together as a country and get things done--because there is much to be ACCOMPLISHED.

Oh, I almost forgot, I'd like to encourage you to vote for.....

No comments:

Post a Comment