Friday, October 12, 2012

It Sucks To Be Me?????

So some of you may know that I won a trip to Jamaica from a local radio station.  Nice trip, but lacking a passport and a few other things  meant I couldn't go--no big deal.  Then I get a call from the general manager of the radio station  and he wants me to call him back.  I'm thinking some tickets or a dinner or something.  I finally get a hold of the guy and he says "It sucks to be you".  That's it.  No nothing.  Just "It sucks to be you".  Really?  Time for a little inventory.......

I'm still kicking, so I got that going for me.  I'm not cold, not hungry, have a nice place to live.  I have a job that lets me actually live rather comfortably.  I have a loving wife.  I can think of a dozen people right off the bat that would be here fast if I made the call. Easily.  I'm not in great shape, but I'm not complaining.  I'm actually rather healthy.  Like it or not, I live in the greatest country in the world.  I have been able to travel and see many parts of it.  I have cable TV.

I have two healthy children who have never, ever given me any kind of problems.  They have also given me a lifetime of memories, things I will never forget.  I have accumulated more stuff than a person should ever need.  I throw parties, and people come to them.  I get to broadcast games on TV.  I know stuff.  Stupid stuff, interesting stuff, important stuff.  People seek my opinion, and use my advice.  I can build things, I can fix things.  I have tools.

Just about anything I have ever wanted to do, anyplace I have ever wanted to go, anything I have wanted to own I have done it.  I have simple wants and desires.  Is everything perfect?  Of course not.  But it sucks to be me?  I don't think so.  More like who wouldn't want to be me......luckiest guy I know........

No comments:

Post a Comment