Saturday, September 8, 2012

What's Going On......

So what's going on around here?  Things are actually a little quiet.  And that's not necessarily a bad thing.  The kids have been gone for a couple of weeks now.  I don't hear from them much, so I imagine they are well.  Miss them lots.  The Mrs. is back to work, and busy, so there are times I don't see much of her.  The fests and fairs are over, but there are still plenty of concerts to consider.  We'll see.  As much as the folks around here would like to think different, the Brewers aren't going to make the playoffs. 

Ah but the Packers start playing Sunday.  That will be front page news come Monday.  People have such high expectations (myself included!), but I am sure there will be some disappointment along the way.  And it always makes for long days when the Pack loses.  People are in a sour mood, the days seem to take forever, just not a good thing.  I always laugh when people say "we" regarding the favorite sports teams.  "We played great". " We won big".  Always wonder what part of the team they are.  Hopefully the Packers win more than they lose, make the playoffs and go from there.

Oh there is a presidential election on the horizon.  It's about 60 days away now.  Millions to be spent, mud to be slung, all the while problems need to be solved.  I think that it's about time we have a little compromising.  Nobody is all right, nobody it all wrong.  We need to find some common ground and get to work on the problems or we'll all be doomed.  Check your history.

I've got some volleyball games to announce in the next couple of weeks.  Don't know how I really got into this, but I'll be doing the play by play for the local cable outlet.  It's fun to keep in touch with the high school, but there are fewer and fewer kids there I know.  I'll do some stuff this year, maybe a little next year, but that will probably do it.

Looking forward to Mel's Pig Roast at the end of the month.  Such a great event for great causes (Google it if you'd like more information).  Tom and Nancy do such a great job, and I always like seeing who I'm going to run into.  Hopefully we'll have nice weather and a great day.

That's about it around here for now.  Have to start thinking about getting the house and yard ready for the winter (hope we have winter like last year!),  and there are a few other projects to look at.  There will be some dinners and shows with neighbors, and we'll just take it as it comes for awhile.  Ta ta for now.....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment