Thursday, December 5, 2013

I'm Back....

I am back.  Reenergized, revitalized, rejuvenated.  So what's on my mind today.......

Recently I've been reading about these walls and blackboards popping up letting people kind of list or write what they would like to do before they die.  Since I guess I'm heading into the fourth quarter of life here (if I'm not there already!), I decided to think about what I'd like to do before the end comes....

As I think I've stated before, I do like to travel.  And I really have no desire to leave the country, although the Misses may have something to say about that.  The family and I have been all over the country, but there are still a few places I'd like to see.  I would like to see New York City.  Think it would be interesting.  I'd like to see the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.  I like museums and historic stuff, so I'd like to spend weeks at the Smithsonian in DC.  Think it would be very interesting.  I'd like to see a glacier before its too late.  I have really enjoyed the southwest US and would like to go back sometime.  And it would be real nice to get back to the northwest one more time.

I'd like to get to retirement so I can do absolutely nothing if I feel like it.  Read a book, walk in the woods, go for a swim, whatever.  Sometimes I just like to sit and watch the world go by.  Wouldn't mind just having some time to just sit.  Everything goes right were looking at six years, two months, three weeks and two days.....not that I'm counting or anything.....

Finally, I'd like to be around long enough to see the kids get graduated from college and kind of get settled into their lives, whatever that may be.  Don't know exactly what the future will hold for them, but I would like to at least see them settled in and started down the roads of their lives.

So that's about it.  Don't really need anymore stuff.  And if I'm not able to do any of this stuff, well I've been awful lucky and blessed as it is.  Can't wait to find out what the future holds.......

No comments:

Post a Comment