Friday, August 7, 2015

St.Louis-Florissent

Well it was just a couple of hundred miles from where ever we were last night to St. Louis.  Not much of a challenge for us, and we took our time accomplishing it.  We have been to St.Lou a lot over the years, but it was a little different coming from the west. 

The Misses wanted to see where our son works--teaches--so we took a drive by the school.  Looks like a nice enough place--I was somewhat relived because it is the Ferguson - Florissant school district.  Looks all good. 

Next stop was the Bud brewery.  They really play up their horses (impressive enough), but the lame jokes need to go.   They keep changing their route too.  And they are pretty stingy with their beer--especially compared with the Coors folks.  Oh well......

We went to see my 92 year old great aunt (she may be great great, I get confused) and spent a wonderful hour and a half just talking and listening (mostly listening) about all kinds of things.  It really is interesting talking with the older folks about things they have done, places they've been, stuff like that.  I try to take it all in and remember as much as I can.  I would highly suggest that if you have the opportunity to interact with the older generation you do the same.  They won't be around forever you know. 

Finally Junior was home from work, so we headed over to see his new place.  Nice sized place in a four unit, couple of blocks from the local brew pub.  Sounds good to me.  Soon his girlfriend arrived and we were off to dinner.  Said he had planned on a rib place, but after seeing me rave about last night decided against it.  Good choice.  Instead it was some new burger place downtown.  Food was good enough, conversation was much better.  Very happy to report that he is happy and healthy. 

Well we are about 6 hours from home now.  Still have a week of vacation to go.  I proposed Nashville, but the Misses says she's had enough---probably of both the road and me.  So I guess that will about end this great adventure......or not..............

No comments:

Post a Comment